Quality, Environment and Safety
The development of LASO Transportes as a modern Organization capable of successfully facing the challenges of the future and the growing needs of customers and interested parties, is based on taking as a strategic option to bet on the quality of services, respect for the Environment and compliance with the norms of Health and safety at work.
LASO Transportes understands Quality, Environment and Workplace Safety as an integral part of its corporate culture, as well as an unquestionable path to the continuous improvement of the services provided and the satisfaction of its customers. By adopting as main objectives the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided, LASO intends to guarantee the total trust of customers and interested parties, defining, to this end, a set of principles that support its organizational culture, namely:
- Punctuality in terms of meeting the deadlines for the services requested.
- Efficiency in the transports carried out, ensuring greater speed and lower costs for its customers.
- Speed of transport between loading and unloading of the transported goods.
- Safety of transported goods, ensuring that they are delivered without damage.
- Safety and health in all work processes, all equipment, and facilities in order to prevent accidents and incidents.
- Promotion of the motto “Safety for me, Safety for All”, ensuring the commitment to eliminate hazards and minimize risks to Safety and Health at Work.
- Prevention of injuries and possible damage to health, by using legally approved equipment and using the appropriate safety equipment.
- Information regarding the development of information exchange systems between partners – customer, supplier and interested parties.
- Compliance with legislation and requirements applicable to the activity, in a process of continuous improvement.
- Active involvement of employees in the Company’s Policy and in topics related to Safety and Health at work.
- Development of measures aimed at increasing employees’ habits and behaviors that are favorable to the prevention of pollution and consequent environmental protection.
- Social Responsibility towards all direct and indirect stakeholders in the business, promoting personal, professional, and family development, as well as support in social solidarity actions.
- Continuous training of its resources, as an essential pillar to guarantee the above-mentioned principles.
- Adoption of solutions that allow for the reduction and optimization of resource consumption, with the necessary consequences for LASO and its Customers.
- Proper and careful management of all waste produced.
- Carrying out self-control of pollutant emissions and discharges.
- Permanent search for environmentally friendly solutions and products.
- Legal and regulatory compliance in force.
- Commitment to consultation and participation of employees.
- Minimize the environmental impacts resulting from its activity of transporting goods, promoting the rational use of natural resources and the prevention of pollution.
Consequently, the Company has developed an Integrated Management System, within the scope of the international standards NP EN ISO 9001:2015, NP EN ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2019, with the priority objective of minimizing service failures and the respective costs, in order to continuously improve the quality and profitability of the service provided, also increasing the Environmental protection and the safety of employees, thus fulfilling the motto:
This objective is only possible with the involvement of all the people who work for LASO or on its behalf, in the fulfillment of the activities formalized in the documents of the Integrated Management System that serve as a reference to its performance and associated with a sustained reinvestment policy that guarantee the permanent updating of the fleet and other technical means used in the provision of the service and in the prevention of pollution.
In order to ensure this dynamic, LASO periodically establishes the qualitative and quantitative objectives arising from the Company’s Integrated Management Policy.